Re: [RI_Ancestors] Re: one of my brick walls

  • Arlan Maguire
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 2012
      Thank you, only 2 more girls to find

      Arlan

      From: Quiche
      Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:24 PM
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [RI_Ancestors] Re: one of my brick walls

      Found a piece of the puzzle - Sabra Maguire was the first wife of Benjamin
      Andrews of East Greenwich. Yahoo!

      Thanks to the Family Search website - I was able to do a search in the death
      records for RI by father's name. So I plugged in Benjamin Andrews name, and
      I pulled up a couple of missing children. Including one - Ruth Andrews Eddy.
      According to her death record, her father was Benjamin Andrews and her
      mother was Sabra Maguire. I had the name Sabra from another one of his
      children's death records.

      Benjamin Andrews was the son of William and Mary of East Greenwich. They had
      a farm that William inherited from his father William Andrews. They were
      located in the Frenchtown area. Benjamin was their youngest son and he was
      born in 1757, the same year as Sabra.

      Sabra must have died after 1792 and before October 1796 when Benjamin
      married his second wife - Mary Remington Kenyon. On the list of children I
      have for Sabra are:

      Ruth 1784 - 06 Apr 1874, married Joseph Eddy in Warwick 1804. Ruth was
      widowed young and lived Smithfield, Johnston and Providence.

      John 1790-1868, married Sarah Brigham Rice and they lived in Worcester
      County in Massachusetts.

      Ambrose 1792 - I can't find much information on him

      So one little gap closed. Lorraine Hawkins

      --- In mailto:RI_Ancestors%40yahoogroups.com, "Arlan Maguire"