Re: 1888 Pawtucket Marriage Certificate

  • judyd
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17, 2012
      There is a street called Alex McGregor Road in Pawtucket - link

      http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=554&q=alexander+mcgregor+rd+pawtucket&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89e45c86aa3cc51f:0x76fd94ec115d942a,Alexander+McGregor+Rd,+Pawtucket,+RI+02861&gl=us&ei=SHJkT4SwNoXgsQLq08i2Dw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

      or http://preview.tinyurl.com/7gkl7pz

      doesn't answer your question but notes his importance

      Judyd

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17, 2012
        1888 Pawtucket and Central Falls City Directory

        E. S. Metcalf & Co.

        p.302

        Alexander McGregor, pastor, Pawtucket Congregational Church

        Broadway, Junction Walcott, house 24 Cottage

        This link is for a book I found at google.com

        The Christian Science Journal Vol. 16

        the particular article concerns a court case concerning medical practice.
        That case was in 1897, and the

        article mentions the church had been holding services for 7 years, so 1890.

        http://tinyurl.com/7n4k8g4

        Lisa