RIGS Boston Trip

  • Scott Bill Hirst
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
      Hi!
       RIGS  is going to Boston for a genealogical trip on Wednesday, October 19TH,. You need not be a member. Pickups in Warwick and East Providence. Choice of facilities are Boston Public Library, Massachusetts State Archives, which is very near JFK Library and New England Historic Genealogical Society. This is near the John Hancock building tallest building in New England. Contact Helen Smith for details at 530 West Reach Road, Jamestown, RI 02835; 401-423-0442 or HHSCTC@... ,.
       I think you would be welcome to go along if you want to spend the day in Boston but if you do please respect their leaving times. I am a RIGS member but not active. I hope to go.
      Relatively yours,
      Scott

      Scott Bill Hirst
      20 Maple Court
      Ashaway,RI 02804-1300 USA
      (401)377-4643
      Note:Telephone if you need quick reply.
      Alternate E-Mail: scottbillhirst@...

    • Jim Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
        I wished I lived closer to you and RI. Sounds like a good scouting trip just to see the facilities. Will you have full access to the records and files at NEHGS or the others? A day seems like a very short time.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
          Hi!
           I have been once before to NEHGS. I am a former member went last year after my membership lapsed. I hold many memberships. It has a great facilities.  They have interesting publications also and have a nice web site.