american indian

  • Charles Rathbun
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2011
      what do you think!!!! pen pals charlie
    • K Rademacher
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2011
        Yes, but is there a demographic you're looking for, or a particular
        background or tribe? Is this for a school project? Are you making a
        collection of pen pals from different backgrounds? I know a few dozen native
        americans who are on tribal rolls, but they're not tanning hides around the
        wigwam all day; they're busy being professors, businessmen, restaurant
        owners, administrators, students, etc. I can think of a couple who are
        academics with a mind to educating the public about tribal ways, and they
        might be open to communicating a few times.

        If you're looking for a glimpse into the native american community, you
        might attend a few powwows.

        This is the New England powwow schedule for 2011:
        http://www.powwowschedule.com/powwow2011.html

        This site lists US and Canada powwows:
        http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/pow-wow/?gclid=CNOnjq3fvaoCFQp75QodamP1_A

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2011
          You are exactly right, what I'm looking for is a family on a reservation to send christmas and birthday cards. And for my kids to write to, but I can't find any reservation pen pals.   Charlie

          Yes, but is there a demographic you're looking for, or a particular
          background or tribe? Is this for a school project? Are you making a
          collection of pen pals from different backgrounds? I know a few dozen native
          americans who are on tribal rolls, but they're not tanning hides around the
          wigwam all day; they're busy being professors, businessmen, restaurant
          owners, administrators, students, etc. I can think of a couple who are
          academics with a mind to educating the public about tribal ways, and they
          might be open to communicating a few times.

          If you're looking for a glimpse into the native american community, you
          might attend a few powwows.

          This is the New England powwow schedule for 2011:
          http://www.powwowschedule.com/powwow2011.html

          This site lists US and Canada powwows:
          http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/pow-wow/?gclid=CNOnjq3fvaoCFQp75QodamP1_A

          On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Charles Rathbun <rathbunc29@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > what do you think!!!! pen pals charlie

        • Cinda Marsh
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2011
            I have contacts at the Rosebud Sioux Reservation in SD if you want it....Cinda

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2011
              yes, thankyou    charlie