fire at the old Alice Mill in Woonsocket

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2011
      There is a big fire going on in Woonsocket at what was originally the Alice
      Mill on Fairmount St.

      It started earlier tonight, and is still raging. It looks like the fire at
      the Bernat Mill in Uxbridge a few years back.

      They have live coverage on channel 12's website here

      http://www.wpri.com/generic/news/live_stream

      I found a postcard of the Alice Mill here

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Alice_Mills_Rubber_Mfg._Plant.jpg

      The information talks about the Portola Tech Industries being there
      currently, but they are no longer there.

      According to the news today, the property was recently sold to a company
      that was planning to manufacture

      wood pellets.

      Sad news,

    • Mary
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2011
        Just a follow -up to recent post on the Alice Mill fire

        Here is a "you tube video" to see the fire burning. Smoke and embers were seen for miles.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC95NuitP94

        Frightening!

        Mary