obit look up request

  • Bill Keough
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
      Hello gang I'm hopeing some one who has access to the boston globe archive
      and look this up for me

      Thanks

      Bill K

      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      FALL RIVER Oct19,1928 Rev Manuel Silva pastor of the Church of Santo Christo
      since ... Fr Silva was born Oct 9 1875 in Picq Azores the son of the late
      Manuel and ...

      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Pay-Per-View - Daily Boston Globe - Oct 23, 1928

      FR SILVAS FUNERAL. Mayor 50 Priests Among. Fall River Mourners ... services
      for Rev Manuel Silva for the past 15 years pastor of the Church of Santo
      Christo ...

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
        Hi Bill,

        I am sending the obituary to your address. It will be coming from proquest.

        Let me know if you don't receive it.

        Lisa

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
          Thanks Very much Lisa
          My God mother will be very happy, I stopped by to see her on memorial day .
          And she was asking me to find out some info on her Uncle .

          Thanks Again

          Bill K

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2011
            Great! Glad they came through OK.

            From: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com] On
            Behalf Of Bill Keough

            Thanks Very much Lisa
            My God mother will be very happy, I stopped by to see her on memorial day .
            And she was asking me to find out some info on her Uncle .

            Thanks Again

            Bill K

            On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Lisa Lepore <llepore@...> wrote:

            > Hi Bill,
            >
            > I am sending the obituary to your address. It will be coming from
            proquest.

            > Let me know if you don't receive it.
            >
            > Lisa

          • Joanne Doe
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 6, 2011
              Does any one have pro quest ? I would like to brows, but I can't find the right site. My library does the Pawtucket Times , does anyone access the Providence Journal on line?

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2011
                Projo Archives:

                _http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/projo/results.html?QryTxt=Search+Archives_
                (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/projo/results.html?QryTxt=Search+Archives)

                There's a charge to see the actual articles, but you can search and browse
                the results.

                Lauren Maehrlein
                Maehrlein's Heirlines

                Plant a tree, then start your family tree!!

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 7, 2011
                  I only have access to the Boston Globe now.

                  The proquest Providence Journal goes back to 1983 only, and there aren’t many places that carry it.

                  The RI public libraries dropped it because it was far too expensive for their limited budgets. I used to be

                  able to access it through the the URI library, but I no longer have a student there.

                  I also understand that the proquest archives stopped including the obituaries as of couple of years ago,

                  making it slightly less useful.

                  You can search the projo archives here –

                  http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/projo/search.html

                  but if you find something, you can either pay for access at that site, or make a note of it and

                  look it up in the newspaper microfilm at the Providence Public library.

                  You can call around or check the websites of colleges & universities to see if anyone carries

                  either the Projo or something else called the ProQuest Newsstand - Northeast US Regional Newsstand Package.

                  Maybe you can go in person and use their library.

                  Digitizing the entire projo would be fabulous, but I haven’t heard any discussion of that anywhere.

                  I have a subscription to genealogybank.com but they do not offer the projo.

                  Lisa