Re: [RI_Ancestors] Jamestown, RI windmill

  • HDBiker1@cfl.rr.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2011
      You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it. My uncle, a long time
      resident of Jamestown was instrumental in a restoration project of the
      windmill during the 1970s or so. He was also very involved in the
      restoration of Beavertail Lighthouse on the southern end of the
      island, now a state park.

      Bob A.

      On Mar 30, 2011, at 4:58 AM, alrose509@... wrote:

      Bob ... thanks! What an interesting read.
      Al Rose

      In a message dated 3/29/2011 9:22:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      HDBiker1@... writes:

      Hello list mates,

      Check this old book out. Several names are mentioned.

      _http://www.archive.org/stream/jamestownwindmil00stev#page/n1/mode/2up_
      (http://www.archive.org/stream/jamestownwindmil00stev#page/n1/mode/2up)

      Bob A.

      Port Orange, FL

    • Arlene Haddock
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
        Thanks for posting this delightful booklet.  Jamestown seems to be on the minds
        of many right now.  My friend found an article for the Jamestown property and
        homestead of the Clarke's (pen and ink drawings).

         This property is due to be razed.  Don't know the date of the article so it is
        possible it has already gone by the wayside.  It is a delightful picture of the
        house.  Wish I could have seen it.  I so enjoyed reading about the windmill and
        the efforts of many to maintain it.

        Arlene Clarke Haddock

        HDBiker1@... writes:

        Hello list mates,

        Check this old book out. Several names are mentioned.

        _http://www.archive.org/stream/jamestownwindmil00stev#page/n1/mode/2up_
        (http://www.archive.org/stream/jamestownwindmil00stev#page/n1/mode/2up)

        Bob A.

        Port Orange, FL

        Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on your
        visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site

        at:  http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rikent/yahoo/