Re: [RI_Ancestors] Liberty Street

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 5, 2011
      According to the 1916 Pawtucket Central Falls directory, liberty street ran from
      367 Hunt Street to 1019 Lonsdale Avenue, and was located in Ward 5.

      I saw the other message about no Joseph Gousie in CF, however, there are 2 possibilities

      Joseph Eugene Napoleon Gousie who lived at 122 Sylvain St in 1942
      or
      Urgele Joseph Gousie who lived at 11 Beech St Pawt. in 1942

      They may have used their other names at different points in their lives.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 6, 2011
        Is this Yvonne & Joseph?

        Baptisms of Notre-Dame Catholic Church
        Central Falls, Rhode Island
        1873-1988
        Vol 1 (A-J)
        edited by
        Janice Burkhart
        under the direction of the 1995
        A. F. G. S. Library committee
        p. 552

        Marie Yvonne Amanda Gousie
        b. 8 January 1905
        parents: Joseph & Antoinette Champagne
        baptized 15 January 1905
        godparents: Alfred Gousie & Amanda Hemond

        Nectare Thomas Joseph Gousie
        b. 06 July 1903
        parents: Joseph & Antoinette Champagne
        baptised 08 July 1903
        godparents: Thomas Champagne & Marie Louise Paquette

        Have you tried looking at the 1911 canadian census?
        I didn't find these Gousie in 1910, so maybe they were
        back in Canada?

        http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 6, 2011
          This indeed is Yvonne and her brother. So, many Joseph's around in that family on both sides.

          Now, I have not found any census's or directories in Pawtucket with either Joseph, Antoinette or Yvonne for the years 1910-1918. I believe the baby Nectare Thomas Joseph Gousie passed away as my Great Grandmother never spoke of a sibling. Last census I can see was 1905 listed as 4 in family. So, this would confirm the story of Antoinette taking her child (Yvonne) back to Canada without Joseph.

          She (Yvonne) said she remembers walking over a long bridge with her mother (Unsure what this means) then at some point she remembers one of Joseph's (her Daddy) family went to go get her. So, she ended up back in Rhode Island somewhere. Joseph could not care for her so she ended up in an Catholic Orphanage then later on maybe school age Joseph found her a family to live with. Her name was Mrs. Departe and was a widow with maybe 8 or so of her own children. Then the family came all back together in 1918. Which I confirmed both with the directory in 1918 and then Joseph filled out his WW1 draft saying he was living back on Liberty st with his wife. Unsure where Joseph went during this time but not with this family.

          Lots of information here. Thank you all for your help. THIS IS A GREAT CONNECTION! Wonderful to have help all the way from across the United States.

          Madeline
          Oregon

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 6, 2011
            I sent for it! Thank you, Linda.

            To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
            From: miyukichan0987@...
            Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 13:40:07 -0800

            You'll find his death certificate at RI State Archives so contact them.

            Linda

            From: potter@...
            Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:25:49 -0500

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 6, 2011
              Ok, I am doing either something wrong or that Census is not available right now. Yes, I have an account with them but cannot use link nor can I go the long way around to open it. I get all the way there and it say unavailable try later. :( What am I doing wrong? I even went at far as dumping my history.

              Puzzled...

              To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
              From: potter@...
              Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 18:54:48 -0500

              Here's the link on FamilySearch.org in the RI 1915 Census for 103
              Liberty St. -- your guy's not there :-(

              https://www.familysearch.org/s/image/show#uri=http%3A//pilot.familysearch.org/records/trk%3A/fsrs/idgs%3A004371407.004371407_00590&hash=HloWXpZgU9zB10k5M56iYku8TUc%253D

              If the link doesn't work, it's Central Falls, Ward 05, ED 103, Image 39

              At 03:03 PM 1/4/2011, you wrote:

              >Yes, I also tried to search for him and nothing came up. I was
              >hoping that it was indexed wrong and if I could find Liberty street
              >I may be able to find him. It's a long shot but sometimes we have to
              >go there to complete our thoughts.
              >
              >joseph gousie
              >
              >1900 Census he was on Lincoln Street
              >1902 he got married
              >1918 he was at 103 Liberty Street
              >1920 still on 103 Liberty Street
              >1925 still on Liberty Street
              >
              >I was hoping he was on Liberty street after he was married. Did I
              >miss any other resources here?
              >
              >Thank you for your help!
              >

              >To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
              >From: potter@...
              >Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:25:49 -0500
              >Subject: Re: [RI_Ancestors] Liberty Street
              >

              >A search at FamilySearch.org of the RI 1915 Census didn't turn up any
              >Joseph Gousie. There were 24 Gousies listed, however, all in Central
              >Falls -- mainly in Ward 2, but some in each of the other 4 Wards.
              >
              >You can check the 1915 RI Census at this
              >link
              >https://www.familysearch.org/s/collection/show#uri=http://search-api:8080/searchapi/search/collection/1532188&hash=Mrd8SMocDIIen2Q83tu%252B82PRagg%253D
              >
              >At 01:57 PM 1/4/2011, you wrote:
              > >

              > >Hello and Happy New Years to the Group,
              > >
              > >I need some direction in finding a street in Central falls 1915
              > >Census. I cannot seem to find which Ward it is in. Can anyone help?
              > >
              > >Liberty Street
              > >
              > >Looking for Joseph Gousie
              > >
              > >Thank you,
              > >
              > >Madeline

              >------------------------------------
              >
              >Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database
              >features on your visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site
              >There is a lot of information there and more being added daily
              >
              >For the benefit of those who cannot access our Yahoo site
              >we have a Mirror site for the File, Links, and Databases
              >at: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rikent/yahoo/
              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Linda Dabulewicz
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 8, 2011
                They were upgrading the site but it all there now.

                From: potter@...
                Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 18:54:48 -0500