Re: Too much information???

  • boles
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2010
      Joyce Boles wrote:

      I have been searching "chronicling America," wherein 2,692,369 newspaper
      pages are digitized and searchable, so that if you search a surname, you
      get to see it on EVERY page it occurs, highlighted in PINK.

      Papers from 1690-2010 are available, but only a fraction of all the
      papers published. Just wait. That page number will be over a billion,
      I'm betting. Papers from 1690 to 2010 are given.

      I searched for Westlake and got 7,451 hits. Satterlee got 6,039 hits.
      Overholser 221 hits.

      You wouldn't believe how many Westlake men I am not related to played in
      baseball games before 1920!