Re: Rhode Island Greene Y-DNA

  • Arlene Haddock
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010
      Can someone provide me with a haplo code for the John Greene, surgeon?  Arlene

      ________________________________
      From: Arlene Haddock <mahaddock@yahoo. com>
      To: RI_Ancestors@ yahoogroups. com
      Cc: "Arlene Haddock" <mahaddock@yahoo. com>
      Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 2:43 PM

      Scott would you have an address or e-mail for Louise Card.  I would like to correspond with her.
      Arlene Clarke Haddock

      ____________ _________ _________ __
      From: Joanne Doe <joann_k_davis@ yahoo.com>
      To: RI_Ancestors@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 1:09 PM

      Terrific! This was a new idea to the search sources that I had not considered. Thank You for sharing and contributing to my broadening education on geneology. From now on I will give more thought to the church cook books that I have or come across. This is such a GREAT hobby!
      Joann D

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010
        Hi

        Check with Bill Wright WMEWRIGHT@... he recently was working with YDNA on the Greenes

        C-

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010
          Thanks, Charlie.  It didn't work, but I will try searching around.  Arlene

          ________________________________
[...]

           (401)377-4643  (401)377-4643   (401)377-4643  (401)377-4643   (401)377-4643  (401)377-4643   (401)377-4643  (401)377-4643

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 1, 2010
            My error eliminate the "i" from his addie wmewrght@...

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
              Arlene,

              On the Greene Surname DNA Project webpage
              <http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Green/default.aspx?section=yresults>,
              I believe Group 001 to be descendants of John Greene of Warwick, surgeon
              and related to General Nathanael Greene. I have looked at the ancestral
              line of one of these men back to John of Warwick and it looks reasonable.

              These two men have been placed in Haplogroup I1.

              The Haplogroup for John Greene of Quidnesset from tests of 12 men is R1b1b2.

              These two Johns do not share a recent common ancestor.

              Men possibly descended from the John Greene of East Greenwich and
              Coventry who married Abigail Wardwell who have been tested do not have
              matching DNA. But those tested also do not match either John of Q or
              John of W.

              No tests have been run on men who have lines back to Lieut John Greene
              Jr of New Port who married Mary Jefferay and participated in the Fones
              Purchase with John of Q.

              Bill
            • Arlene Haddock
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
                Thank you, Bill for the information.  I forwarded it on to my Greene contact in N. Carolina.  Arlene