Re: [RI_Ancestors] Re: Heritage quest online attn Dave

  • Dave Jenkins
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 9, 2010
      Ben,

      Many thanks with details about HeritageQuest and LDS. They were very helpful.

      Dave

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 9, 2010
        Dave,

        Are you related to the Jenkins in NY

        Bob - Troy, NY

        To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com

        All available census sheets are at HeritageQuest but all are not searchable.You need to use the browse feature to access those and it sure helps if you have a good idea where to look.Also all names in the census are not searchable in the searchable part usually just head of household or members in a household who have a different last name.Familysearch. org has some census records at their website.See link below and click on "browse record collection". Without Ancestry or Footnote you kind of have to mix and match other resources to get what you are looking for.......Mike

        http://pilot. familysearch. org/recordsearch /start.html# start

        --- In RI_Ancestors@ yahoogroups. com, Dave Jenkins <jenkinsdave68@ ...> wrote:

        > Ben,
        >
        > I second Donna's sentiments. The Fed. Census data is a great source. I plead ignorance, years 1830 - 1850 do exist?
        >
        > Dave,
        > Bachwater
        >

        > ____________ _________ _________ __

      • Ben
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 9, 2010
          always happy to be of help Dave

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 9, 2010
            Bob,

            If you mean the Jenkins who went from Nantucket, Providence, and Martha's Vineyard to Hudson, NY area, I would have to say
            a qualified 'yes'. That little detail of documentation is needed to firm-it-up, but there are a few things that indicate there is a good
            chance.

            If this was who you meant, do you have knowledge of this group?

            Regards,

            Dave

            ________________________________
            Many thanks with details about HeritageQuest and LDS. They were very helpful.

            Dave

            ________________________________
            All available census sheets are at HeritageQuest but all are not searchable.You need to use the browse feature to access those and it sure helps if you have a good idea where to look.Also all names in the census are not searchable in the searchable part usually just head of household or members in a household who have a different last name.Familysearch. org has some census records at their website.See link below and click on "browse record collection". Without Ancestry or Footnote you kind of have to mix and match other resources to get what you are looking for.......Mike

            http://pilot. familysearch. org/recordsearch /start.html# start

            --- In RI_Ancestors@ yahoogroups. com, Dave Jenkins <jenkinsdave68@ ...> wrote:

            > Ben,
            >
            > I second Donna's sentiments. The Fed. Census data is a great source. I plead ignorance, years 1830 - 1850 do exist?
            >
            > Dave,
            > Bachwater

            Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on your visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site

            The 'Files" page has informational files uploaded by members, such as genealogy charts, gedcoms, histories, feel free to upload yours

            The "Links" page has links to all types of genealogy sources, you may add any of your favorite sources

            At the "Photos" page you can upload your favorite photos and view photos uploaded by others

            The "Database" area is my favorite,
            That is where you may list your surnames of interest,
            list your brick wall
            list your offer to do lookups and include your genealogy sources Yahoo! Groups Links