Wow!!

  • armchair_genealogist
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      Don't want this to get lost in the shuffle.God Bless You Robert Cole!You have made my day.....

      God bless you Grandfather Spirit Spirit song from the mountain.

      Bob A.
      (formerly of Ballston Spa)

      On Feb 27, 2010, at 11:39 PM, Robert L. Cole wrote:

      Arlan,

      I don't know which E-Mail to respond to because I'm not very good at
      computing. But Spirit has guided me to say this to you. I would like
      to comment about us Elders reliving our lives espcially to our kids. I
      am 78 years old and brought up 14 children. 5 where my biological and
      nine where from alcoholic parents. I Can't count the times that while
      sitting with my family, Maybe after thanksgiving dinner, I would be
      asked to tell stories of my past. They would sit there Mesmerized and
      encourage me to go on for hours. I would tell the times I lied and
      cheated and stolid, Like when I was 5 years old I stolid an Iron fire
      truck that my mother wouldn't by me. I got out side of the store and
      thought every-one was looking at me and knew I stolid it . So i went
      to put it back and got caught. and, Arlan one time the guy's and I
      where standing out side the Ice cream pallor watching the girls go in
      and by. My grandfather came by and said to us "If you think it, you
      did it! And again My grandfather was always teaching us wisdom from
      the Bible. When I was 6 years pld ; My sister told grandfather that I
      did something and my grandfather asked me if I did,and I said NO! So,
      he took us to the barn where we had huge oxen and told me to wakk up
      behind the oxin and grab his tial ,and said, if your telling me the
      truth nothing will happen but, if your not telling me the truth the
      oxen will kick you. I could rely on what grampa said so I did what he
      said. and the oxon didn't kike me and my sister screamed and ran home.
      I am a grandfather and a chief elder at a native american community
      here and in massachusetts. The children come to my lodge and say,
      grandfather, teach me some wisdom! I guess what I want you to consider
      is that children don't need just our discipline but also need our
      wisdom. I tell it all just like it is or was and there criticism takes
      a back seat and their wisdom is gaining knowledge driving. Walk your
      vision.

      In my community I am; (Grandfather Spirit Spirit song from the
      mountain.) In council I am (Grand father, Eagle / White buffalo
      Spirit.) The wisdom keeper of the people.

      Bob - Troy, NY