Re: A new hello from a fellow KNIGHT BENNETT FISK researcher

  • bingo0212
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 1, 2010
      Reverend Francis Bennett of Pownal,son of Josiah Bennett and Susannah Bates.I am a descendent of Josiah through Francis brother Ichabod.Alden Beaman wrote a genealogy on Josiah in his RI Vital records series and there is also a write up on Josiah and his descendents in the RI Roots which is put out by the RI Genealogy Society.............cousin Mike

      Ichabod Bennett b.1765 m.Nancy Peterson
      George Bennett b.1791 m.Martha Wilcox
      Hiram Bennett b.1831 m.Mary Wilcox
      Herbert Bennett b.1857 m.Julia Brown
      Viola Bennett b.1883 m.Ralph Chase
    • Robert L. Cole
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 2, 2010
        Ma or Jan,

        I have found and received all the kindness and understanding that leaves me feeling secure in this family environment.

        I thank every one emensely.

        Bob Cole- Troy, NY

        To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
        From: janrobison2@...
        Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:37:55 -0500
        Subject: Re: [RI_Ancestors] Re: A new hello from a fellow KNIGHT BENNETT FISK researcher

        Bob,

        And limitations are one reason we are part of this "family." We all help one another!! It's more like a family than "just a list." You won't find "questionable" answers, unless they are just clues here!

        So, post away!

        Happy New Year!!!
        Jan aka Maw

        From: myrtle1893@...
        Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 15:42:17 +0000
        Subject: RE: [RI_Ancestors] Re: A new hello from a fellow KNIGHT BENNETT FISK
        researcher

        Hello Bob, I unfortunately do not have your Franses and Solomon Bennett in my
        records. My dad always called us "Swamp Yankees" from Vermont but I'm pretty
        sure it was only because I was born there as he had found some work after WWII
        but soon returned to Mass and lived out his life there.
        I have one Francis aka Frank Bennett b. 1856 Blackstone Ma to Benjamin Knight
        Bennett He d. 1930 in Franklin, MA. Have no Solomon in my data.
        --
        Kind regards,
        Sandy

        Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on your
        visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site

        The 'Files" page has informational files uploaded by members, such as genealogy
        charts, gedcoms, histories, feel free to upload yours

        The "Links" page has links to all types of genealogy sources, you may add any of
        your favorite sources

        At the "Photos" page you can upload your favorite photos and view photos
        uploaded by others

        The "Database" area is my favorite,
        That is where you may list your surnames of interest,
        list your brick wall
        list your offer to do lookups and include your genealogy sources Yahoo! Groups
        Links

      • Robert L. Cole
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 3, 2010
          Cousin Mike,

          Can you fill me in on the wife (Betsey Gardner) of the Rev. Francis Bennett

          Cousin Bob - Troy, NY

          To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 1, 2010
            I wanted to send you all a note on my latest findings on the Bennett-Knight line I've been researching.

            Have documented that the Benjamin Knight Bennett (3) who married Elsie/Alcey Robinson is a son of Benjamin K Bennett (2), whose parents are Benjamin Bennett (1) and Elizabeth Knight.
            Benjamin(1) was born in Sudbury, MA probably son of Josiah Bennett of Sudbury, and died in Nov 1823 in Waterford, VT at his son's home there. His wife Elizabeth Knight was born 1756 in Lancaster, Ma and died 1845 in Royalston, MA. This couples birth and death information is contained in the Rev. War pension application fr Elizabeth, #14288. A copy can be found on Heritage Quest or on Ancestry.com.
            Hope this helps one of you, I do have more information on his siblings if you needed it but all can be found in that pension file.
            Sandy