Re: [RI_Ancestors] Re:DNA testing of Rhode Island Greenes - Vikings and Anglo...

  • Jeanhaverhill@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2009
      I have no male heirs/ancestors/descendants in the Greene line; only females
      still living.
      Is there a way that I can look at the DNA results for the Greene
      family/families without having a specific
      case number?

      Thanks
      Jean

    • Frederick Green
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2009
        Jean,

        If I understand the science correctly, you would need to make a
        mitochondrial DNA match to one of the males already tested.

        Fred Green

        On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 6:18 PM, <Jeanhaverhill@...> wrote:

        > I have no male heirs/ancestors/descendants in the Greene line; only females
        >
        > still living.
        > Is there a way that I can look at the DNA results for the Greene
        > family/families without having a specific
        > case number?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Jean

        Frederick Green
        - A pair of facts beats a full house of myths every time.

      • Bill Wright
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2009
          >Is there a way that I can look at the DNA results for the Greene
          family/families without having a specific
          case number?

          Jean,

          The Greene project posts the results on its website:

          <http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Green/default.aspx?section=yresults>

          You can also do a search a ysearch.com

          I have a spreadsheet of results for 17 men claiming a descent from the
          RI Greenes.

          Three of these men match my Greene line. But we are not Greene. There
          was a non-paternal event (adoption?) in my line. My Greenes were Teffts.

          Three men claim descent from John of Warwick. None of them match each other.

          The other results are mixed. I need to review them again and update. I
          will do so, when Fred's results are in. Most of the ancestral lines of
          those tested have problems.

          Bill