seeking descendants of Esek Stone

  • Gloria Silverman
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 8, 2009
      He was born 1809 in RI and died 26APR1874 in RI.

      He married Phebe Brownell 1813-19JAN1887 in RI.

      CR020, Knightville Meeting House, Park Ave., Cranston, RI

    • Laurie4756@aol.com
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 8, 2009
        His father was Welcome Stone, mother was Lydia nee' Corey Stone.
        I have a LOT of family info on my web site _www.stonefamilyassociation.org_
        (http://www.stonefamilyassociation.org)
        Click on "search Hugh Stone database" he's in there!

        Laurie

      • Gloria Silverman
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 8, 2009
          Yes, I have that, thanks.
          I'm actually looking for a live descendant to pass something unto!

          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 8, 2009
            PS...it's not money! Haha.

            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 8, 2009
              Gloria

              According to RIVR, he married Phebe Ann Bosworth, 31 Dec 1826 in Providence, by Rev. Mr. Pickering

              Bonnie

              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 8, 2009
                Hmm...where did the name Phebe Ann Brownell come from?

                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 8, 2009
                  Oh...I see...it's in One World Tree is Phebe Ann Brownell.

                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 8, 2009
                    Well, thank you, Bonnie. Do you have parents for Phebe Ann Bosworth?

                  • cdcargill@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                      Hi All,
                      Now having a new computer and Windows 7 I now need a new genealogy program... PleasRe suggest the easiest most uncomplicated program... I was using Family Tree but Windows 7 will not allow... I could download it into it but... mine was so old I really need a new one anyway.... Please suggest and why... you like it..
                      Thanks,
                      Carole Potter Cargill
                      Well, thank you, Bonnie. Do you have parents for Phebe Ann Bosworth?
                      According to RIVR, he married Phebe Ann Bosworth, 31 Dec 1826 in Providence, by Rev. Mr. Pickering

                      Bonnie
                      He was born 1809 in RI and died 26APR1874 in RI.

                      He married Phebe Brownell 1813-19JAN1887 in RI.

                      CR020, Knightville Meeting House, Park Ave., Cranston, RI

                    • Evie WHEELER
                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                        I will be working in CR 20 where Esek is and will take a picture of it if anyone would like it.
                        Evelyn

                        Well, thank you, Bonnie. Do you have parents for Phebe Ann Bosworth?
                        According to RIVR, he married Phebe Ann Bosworth, 31 Dec 1826 in Providence, by Rev. Mr. Pickering

                        Bonnie
                        He was born 1809 in RI and died 26APR1874 in RI.

                        He married Phebe Brownell 1813-19JAN1887 in RI.

                        CR020, Knightville Meeting House, Park Ave., Cranston, RI

                      • Gravehunter
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                          I have been using Ancestral Quest for about 8 years now and have had nob problems, started using it with the beta version of windows 7 worked fine then and now that I have the full version of window 7 it is still working just I would and do recommend it to everybody.
                          Bill Knight.
                          You can check it out here http://www.ancquest.com/index.htm
                        • Bonnie Weber
                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                            According to the IGI they were Benjamin Bosworth and Ann Hale. Phebe was born 1 Mar 1820 at Swansea, Bristol, MA.

                            Bonnie

                            Message 13 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                              Hmm...she was born in 1820 and married in 1826?
                              I have this Phebe, wife of Esek, as born c1813.

                              Message 14 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rigenweb/cemetery/cemetery343.html
                                STONE ESEK 1809 - 26 APR 1874 CR020
                                http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rigenweb/cemetery/cemetery344.html
                                STONE PHEBE ANN 1813c - 19 JAN 1887 CR020

                                I would guess she was probably born before 1813 since even this makes her only 13 when she get married.

                                Message 15 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                  Evelyn,
                                  If there is a maiden name or birthdate for Phebe on the stone, would you please take a picture? Thank you.
                                  Gloria
                                  I will be working in CR 20 where Esek is and will take a picture of it if anyone would like it.
                                  Evelyn

                                  Well, thank you, Bonnie. Do you have parents for Phebe Ann Bosworth?
                                  According to RIVR, he married Phebe Ann Bosworth, 31 Dec 1826 in Providence, by Rev. Mr. Pickering

                                  Bonnie
                                  He was born 1809 in RI and died 26APR1874 in RI.

                                  He married Phebe Brownell 1813-19JAN1887 in RI.

                                  CR020, Knightville Meeting House, Park Ave., Cranston, RI

                                • Loree
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                    I'm using Family Tree Maker 2010 and it's working fine on Win 7.

                                    Loree Muldowney

                                  • amhoney@optonline.net
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                      Right now I am using XP with FTM but I just ordered a new laptop with Windows 7. I will upgrade to FTM 2010 but how do I get everything on my new computer. Should I change FTM to 2010 on the old computer before saving it to a disk and put it on the new computer that way?

                                      > I'm using Family Tree Maker 2010 and it's working fine on Win 7.
                                      >
                                      > Loree Muldowney

                                      Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

                                      amhoney@...
                                      myspace.com/alicegortonhoney
                                      Facebook - Alice M Gorton-Honey
                                      Everyone's Apostolic - Alice Honey

                                    • hhuntoon@mindspring.com
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                        Re ftm: I had same question, and put it on old vista computer first. I wouldn't bother with that again. It meant I had two installs of ftm - extra work!
                                        Harry

                                        From: amhoney@...
                                        Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 17:18:05
                                        To: <RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com>

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                          I backed up my FTW file onto a flash drive. Once 2010 was installed on the new Win 7 machine, I "restored" the file from the flash drive to the computer. Couldn't have taken five minutes! Good luck!

                                          Of course, if you want to keep the file on two computers, you can install 2010 on the old computer too. If I remember right, (always questionable) I don't think the 2010 will overwrite the old file. But you can restore again from the file on the flash drive.

                                          Loree

                                        • BAustiin@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                            please change subject line to indicate current topic. You are clearly not
                                            seeking descendants.

                                            Barb

                                          • cdcargill@comcast.net
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                              Sorry but with this new computer I lost my e-mails and am just starting to get thme back.  Hope you understand...  What system do you use?

                                              Carole

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                                Thank you Loree.. I too have just discovered Flash Drives...  My other computer crashed so I couldn't get the program out since my grandson was away at College.
                                                I backed up my FTW file onto a flash drive. Once 2010 was installed on the new Win 7 machine, I "restored" the file from the flash drive to the computer. Couldn't have taken five minutes! Good luck!

                                                Of course, if you want to keep the file on two computers, you can install 2010 on the old computer too. If I remember right, (always questionable) I don't think the 2010 will overwrite the old file. But you can restore again from the file on the flash drive.

                                                Loree

                                                Right now I am using XP with FTM but I just ordered a new laptop with Windows 7. I will upgrade to FTM 2010 but how do I get everything on my new computer. Should I change FTM to 2010 on the old computer before saving it to a disk and put it on the new computer that way?

                                                > I'm using Family Tree Maker 2010 and it's working fine on Win 7.
                                                >
                                                > Loree Muldowney

                                              • Jan
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                                  PLEASE CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE, FOLKS!!

                                                  Maw

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                                    Carole - with all the mails re the old subject line (seeking descendants).... not sure to whom you were addressing the last question (below.) I don't think it's me.... but just in case didn't want to ignore it either. Maybe you're asking Barb about the family... and not the software or O.S.

                                                    Loree

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                                      Loree I did respond to you and to Barb... then after I thought that I wanted to Thank all for their advice.  Then again I'm glad you changed the subject line.. Thanks again and THANK YOU TO ALL for all your help!!!

                                                      Carole

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Dec 9, 2009
                                                        Thanks, Loree. I think I should be able to ffigure that out.

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Dec 10, 2009
                                                          Hi Carole, Most of the stuff I can find a date on is 2003! I'll keep it
                                                          as long as I can....
                                                          Merry Christmas. Why don't you come down and we could go to lunch some
                                                          day. I'm
                                                          here for good now, starting this year. Still photographing cemetery
                                                          headstones which I
                                                          started about 7-8 years ago. Have done Jamestown, Newport, Middletown,
                                                          Portsmouth,
                                                          almost finished with Tiverton and then on to Little Compton. I better
                                                          finish; I was 83 this
                                                          month. Amazing. I do pretty well altho my cousin who goes out with me
                                                          does all the
                                                          clipping, etc. to get us into the old lots that were once on farms and are
                                                          now at roadsides
                                                          or in the woods. I think I had a little stroke last January and the only
                                                          thing affected was my
                                                          mind!!! Bummer. Actually, maybe it's only being 83, who knows.

                                                          Barb

                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Dec 10, 2009
                                                            Oh Boy!!! I can't believe it ... You look so good!! Hope Genealogy keeps us as young as you!
                                                            Holidays are tough but we will get together after Christmas.. We are going to my son in Westford Ma.;
                                                            Hope you have a Merry Christmas too.
                                                            Carole