LARKIN

  • janrobison2@aim.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi, all!!

      Does anyone know if this Larkin's family came from New England??

      1880 United States Federal Census
      about William Larkin
      Name: ??? William Larkin
      Home in 1880: ??? Carlisle, Schoharie, New York
      Age: ??? 42
      Estimated Birth Year: ??? abt 1838
      Birthplace: ??? New York
      Relation to Head of Household: ??? Self (Head)
      Spouse's Name: ??? Mary
      Father's birthplace: ??? New York
      Mother's birthplace: ??? New York
      Neighbors: ??? View others on page
      Occupation: ??? Farmer
      Marital Status: ??? Married
      Race: ??? White
      Gender: ??? Male
      House Number: ??? 11337820
      Household Members: ???
      Name ??? Age
      William Larkin ??? 42
      Mary Larkin ??? 33
      Edward Larkin ??? 3
      Walter Larkin ??? 35

    • tomclarke1
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        Hi Jan,

        A Larkin genealogy was published in 2004 that may refer to this family.
        (Compiled by Elizabeth Larkin, edited by Jane F. Fiske.)

        Pages 283-284 give the family of Phineas G. Larkin, b. Schoharie, NY in
        1801, d. Esperance [Schoharie Co., NY]12 Dec. 1880. Will dated 20 Jan.
        1879, proved 11 Jan 1881. He married 1st Nancy Markle who d. 27 March
        1829. No children are mentioned. Phineas m. 2nd, 23 dec. 1829, Catherine
        Dietz, and had ch.

        Nancy, b. ca. 1834

        William, b. ca. 1837

        Walter, b. ca. 1842

        Catherine d. 13 sept. 1845

        Phineas m. 3rd Eliza F. Mann, b. 1824 and had ch.

        Peter J., b. ca. 1853

        Christina, b. ca. 1857

        Eliza outlived him.

        Unfortunately the children are not carried forward. William and Walter
        do appear to be at the right place and right time.

        The ancestry is given as

        Phineas 6, John 5, Daniel 4, John 3, Edward 2-1.

        John 5, was b. Westerly, RI 1760 and d. Schoharie Co., NY 1845. He
        removed to Schoharie Co. ca. 1796, He applied for and received a pension
        for Rev. War service in 1832, No. W20386.

        The immigrant ancestor, Edward, is on a list of Freemen in Newport, RI
        in 1655. He may have been in RI a few years before according to the
        Larkin book.

        I hope this helps. Contact me if you want more from the book.

        Tom Clarke

      • janrobison2@aim.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
          Wow, Tom!!!

          I looked everywhere I KNEW in cyber space for these folks and there is NOTHING (that I could find).? Thank you, so very much.

          I am researching this particular Larkin line for a childhood friend and confidante...? A labor of love, dontha know...

          THIS LIST IS DA BOMB!!!

          Maw

        • tomclarke1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
            See...it's not all in cyberspace. Sometimes it's in books. Glad to
            help. Ask if you want any copies from the book.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
              Oh, wow, Tom!!!

              If you have a scanner, I would love to receive ANYTHING about this line you can find!!!!!!? I'll have to owe ya???

              Email me directly at janrobison2@......

              Again, oh, wow!? Donna and her sibs and mom will be ecstatic!!!!!!

              God Bless,
              Jan