Susannah Clark wife of James Reynolds

  • carolleereynolds
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2009
      Hoping to find parents of susannah clark born abt 1753 married to James REYNOLDS
      Given Name: James
      Surname: Reynolds
      Sex: M
      Birth: 21 Aug 1748 in West Greenwich, Rhode Island
      Death: 1824 in St. Armand, Quebec, Canad
    • Fred Clarke
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 2009
        Does this message gatewayed from the Rootsweb Clarkes list ring any bells here? It sounds like the back end of a search by someone I've seen on this list -- or the "other" list -- who lost a relative here in New England. I think she pops in time and again to see if anything new has shown up on her brick wall. Could this be the guy?
        Hi all
        I am searching for info on my great grandfather James Clarke. His death cert says he was born in Essex, UK but gives no family details. He married my great grandmother in Adelong, NSW, Australia in 1881. Family legend says he was an English sailor who jumped ship in Australia. I know nothing of him before his marriage. I can find several James Clarkes listed as deserters but can find no direct links to mine. I also wonder if he was actually a convict. His name is so common that it is impossible to trace him through census records. I am hoping someone might know the other/earlier side of his life... do you have a missing sailor ancestor by this name? Hopefully we could join the two stories together.
        Be great if they found each other and this was him. Two birds with one stone sort of thing.