LAWTON - William Brock & wife Cynthia Young Edwards

  • miyukichan0987
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2009
      The current Lawton - Babcock thread reminded me that I had posted to Ancestry boards quite awhile ago - 2004 in fact - some LAWTON information that was contained in an old bible I used to own that my Mom said she got in a box lot at a farm auction in Foster, RI in the early 1960's.

      The bible has since been passed on to a Lawton so it's in safe hands.

      Here is the link to the post for anyone interested:

      http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.lawton/336/mb.ashx

      The thread developed to having the information posted that William Lawton of my bible was William Brock Lawton, a son of his Isaac Lawton b: 1790 d: June 02, 1833 Exeter, RI & Amey Wilcox b: January 30, 1789 d: December 21, 1858 m: 1808.
      William's wife Cynthia was Cynthia Young Edwards.

      Part of what I posted at the time:

      William B. LAWTON and Cynthia E. LAWTON
      "Mr. William B. Lawton His Book"

      From the family pages in the bible:

      Births -
      William B. LAWTON was born August 16 1821
      Cyntha E. LAWTON was born Dec 18 1825

      Deaths -
      Cynthia E. LAWTON died July 13th 1899

      I'd dug around briefly on Ancestry and posted some general census info on the couple that I had found. Respondent togin_L (most recent post was Feb. 2006 & Ancestry profile says last login over 6 mos. ago so might not be active anymore)posted the family grouping of Issac Lawton & wife Amey Wilcox.

      At any rate, my only connection to LAWTON beyond the bible is our friends down the road who are Lawton's & whose cousin has been doing their genealogy & is to whom I gave the bible since she thought it connected in with her family.