Fwd: Hoo-boy! William Champlin m. Mary Gardiner, Dec 19, 1765

  • janrobison2@aim.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2009
      Nancy, I couldn't get through to your regular email, so I'm sending it here.

      Jan

      From: njnunez <njnunez@...>

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009
        Thanks Jan, good to know.

        Nancy-Jo Nunez
        A genealogy enthusiast
        Member of NEHGs, RIHS, CHS

        Nancy, I couldn't get through to your regular email, so I'm sending it here.

        Jan

        Yes, Nancy-Jo, this is the correct line...? and I'm still looking!

        Jan

        --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, janrobison2@... wrote:

        > Hi all!

        > My eyeballs feel like they are resting on my cheek bones from all the reading

        I've done today about this couple.

        > I found their marriage date both in Arnold's (what a chore on the CD!!!? But,

        thanks Paw for the searchable you sent me!) and in Gardiners of Narr... (from a

        google search!) They both agree.? So, therefore, I "buy" December 19, 1765 as

        their date of marriage.

        > NOW, I have seen just tooooo many supposed parents and ancestry lines for

        William Champlin and NONE for this particular Mary Gardiner.? Does anyone have

        this couple and any SOURCED ancestry lines?

        > Gardiners names Samuel Champlin and Hannah Gardiner as William's parents.?

        Every last family tree on ancestry lists Michael Champlin and a Miss Oakley,

        with NO sources.? (DO I feel smiles???)

        > The pedigree I got from my new friend who is researching this line is totally

        different, except for naming Samuel and Hannah as William's parents.? Jon

        Saunders' pedigree for him is different except for William's parents.? I don't

        want to pit one person again another, just want to find out if anyone has any

        real sources for either William and/or Mary's ancestors.? (DO you have any idea

        just how many Mary Gardiners married Champlins?????)

        > Any takers?

        > Love,

        > Maw

        Hello Maw:

        Today I just picked one of the queries and saw this one, I found this

        information on the www.familysearch.org site (Mormon's online), is this the one:

        William Champlin born: November 6, 1745 on Block Island, Rhode Island

        to Samuel Champlin and his wife Hannah (Gardiner) his wife...who married 1769

        Married Mary Gardiner, born about 1745 of Block Island, Rhode Island

        Had the following children:

        Gardiner Champlin born about 1779 on Block Island, Rhode Island and died on

        October 21, 1840 on Block Island.

        Samuel Champlin, born about 1779 on Block Island, Rhode island who died October

        21, 1840 on Block Island.

        Is this the right line?

        An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!

        Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on your
        visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site

        The 'Files" page has informational files uploaded by members, such as genealogy
        charts, gedcoms, histories, feel free to upload yours

        The "Links" page has links to all types of genealogy sources, you may add any of
        your favorite sources

        At the "Photos" page you can upload your favorite photos and view photos
        uploaded by others

        The "Database" area is my favorite,
        That is where you may list your surnames of interest,
        list your brick wall
        list your offer to do lookups and include your genealogy sources Yahoo! Groups
        Links

        ncestors-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com