RE: ELLIS IN MA./BATCHELDER

  • Gloria Silverman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2009
      So you might be related to Don Taylor who has also Batchelder's from
      Deerfield, NH!

      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2009
        Certainly we're related through the Stephen Batchelder line, but I can't
        place Don's Abigail/Hannah Batchelder yet. There were numerous branches of
        the family in town from Revolutionary War time to about the 1880s.
        (Deerfield's population was depleted by Civil War losses, and there was a
        mass exodus to industrial centers like Haverhill, MA. After the 1880s, there
        were only a handful of Batchelders left in town.)

        - Kim :-)

        On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Gloria Silverman <gjs11054@...>wrote:

        > So you might be related to Don Taylor who has also Batchelder's from
        > Deerfield, NH!

      • Donald Taylor
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2009
          Kim,
             Stephen Batchelder Bartlett was a civil war veteran, wounded at Fredericksburg.
          Don Taylor