Re: [RI_Ancestors] From Maw and Paw - Roll Call

  • janrobison2@aim.com
    Message 1 of 17 , May 12, 2009
      Cinda,

      How about some specifics???

      Maw

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Cinda Marsh <cindam80501@...>
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, 12 May 2009 7:31 pm
      Subject: [RI_Ancestors] From Maw and Paw - Roll Call

      Still looking into Capron, Kenyon, Greene, Remington...as always.

      Cinda

      Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 9:05 AM

      Hello listers,

      This list has been too quite lately, probably due to the ends of the school year and vacations

      We would like to get it going good again

      A roll call is in order, anybody can call for or start a roll call anytime you wish

      (not like another list that I can think of where you will get booted for starting one)

      We have several new members, and a reminder for others, here are a few tips about our web site:

      Files section - there are a lot of very informative Genealogy related files posted there, anybody can post files there

      Photos - There are a lot of photos posted, anybody can post photos

      Links - numerous links to informative genealogy sites, personal genealogy web sites, anybody can post links

      Database - a few helpful databases, brick walls, members surname lists, anybody can post information

      You can find links to those sections at the bottom of most list messages if your email settings allow html

      Please backup your Genealogy information

      Good hunting to all of you

      Jan Robison and Arlan Maguire, list mom and dad, AKA Maw and Paw

    • Cinda Marsh
      Message 2 of 17 , May 12, 2009
        Lydia Esther Kenyon, b. 2/12/1816 d. 4/12/1897 married George Augustus Cady. Her parents were Joseph Greene Kenyon b. 5/19/1792 and Nancy (LNU) b. 1795 d 5/17/1852. Joseph's parents were John Kenyon and Wealthy Ann (Wealthann) Reynolds.  John's parents were John and Mary Gardiner.  John's parents were John Kenyon and Elizabeth Remington.  Things get very messy in there.  Documentation on the wives of Joseph Greene Kenyon and those of his father is sketchy at best. I'm still looking for the one piece that proves it all.
        Cinda

        From: Arlan Maguire <agmaguire@cox. net>

        To: RI_Ancestors@ yahoogroups. com

        Message 3 of 17 , May 13, 2009
          Hi all,

          My families of interest are,

          Clarke/Clark, particularly descendants of Joseph Clarke (1618-1694)
          anything that would correct or extend Morrison's "Clarke Families of RI"

          Wilcox, Tillinghast, Whitford, Champlin, Field, Fenner, Nichols, and Corbishley.

          My newest brick wall is, who were the parents of Betsey Fenner, b. abt. 1801, wife of Waterman Field, b. abt 1795, who were married circa 1820? They were likely from Cranston and removed to NY about 1830.

          Tom Clarke
        • Liz Goldgraber
          Message 4 of 17 , May 20, 2009
            Dear Cousins,

            Names I have researched or would like to learn more about are:

            Bagulay, Beynon, Currin, Hall, Hazard, Hendrick, Johnson, Kimball, Orr, Matthews, Notley, Sprague, Whitehead, Williams, Wing.

            This is just a partial list.
            I have a question for the group:  Family tradition has it that we are descended from Roger Williams, but we can't seem to find any direct relationship.  Any ideas?

            Thanks.
            Liz