Re: [RI_Ancestors] Regarding Christopher ELLIS

  • Donna Potter
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2008
      Fred, it is at 12:30 PM. Be there or be square unless, of course, you are stuck to your kitchen floor.
      Donna
      ---- Fred Clarke <bozone@...> wrote:
      > BAustiin@... wrote:
      > >

      > > Hey Fred, if you're in RI and not FL why not come to the luncheon tomorrow
      > > at Corner
      > > Tavern???
      > >
      > What time is it again? I deleted all the references.

    • Fred Clarke
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 3, 2008
        Donna Potter wrote:

        > Fred, it is at 12:30 PM. Be there or be square unless, of course, you
        > are stuck to your kitchen floor.
        > Donna

        Hmmm! I did get stuck to it but it was a light sticking
        and I got free and went to the luncheon. And you
        were...? :-)
      • Charlie Carpenter
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 3, 2008
          Fred

          I heard that if some people get beyond their front gate they gets lost and can't find their way home :o)

          C-

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 3, 2008
            Charlie Carpenter wrote:

            > Fred
            >
            > I heard that if some people get beyond their front gate they gets lost
            > and can't find their way home :o)

            Indeed, Charlie. Indeed indeed! She probably ran out of
            lunchbags or Saran Wrap - couldn't pack a sangwich or
            two for the trip, you suppose? And I was sooo hoping to
            quiz her on those elusive Cranston 1800s "Orchard
            Potters" I was looking for earlier this summer. But it
            was nice, just the same.

          • Perllan987@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 3, 2008
              It would probably be a good idea if you changed the subject line. Every time
              I see a message with this subject line, I think Fred has found, or not
              found, some information about my ggg grandfather, Christopher ELLIS.
              Jayne
              perllan987@...

              In a message dated 11/3/2008 11:26:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              nktown17@... writes:

              Fred

              I heard that if some people get beyond their front gate they gets lost and
              can't find their way home :o)

              C-
              > Fred, it is at 12:30 PM. Be there or be square unless, of course, you
              > are stuck to your kitchen floor.
              > Donna

              Hmmm! I did get stuck to it but it was a light sticking
              and I got free and went to the luncheon. And you
              were...? :-)

              **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot
              5 Travel Deals!

            • Donna Potter
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 4, 2008
                Well, Fred, I am glad you made it. I have not been able to leave the house since my "be there or be square" - it seems that about 2 PM I turned into this giant square and now cannot fit out the front door :)
                Seriously, I woke up with a rotten cold and sore throat and decided not to share my germs. I hope all of you enjoyed your wonderful chowda and clam cakes and steamuhs while I was home sinffling and sneezing...
                Can't a girl get even a tad of synpathy?
                Donner, the Square
                ---- Fred Clarke <bozone@...> wrote:
                > Charlie Carpenter wrote:
                > >

                > > Fred
                > >
                > > I heard that if some people get beyond their front gate they gets lost
                > > and can't find their way home :o)
                >
                > Indeed, Charlie. Indeed indeed! She probably ran out of
                > lunchbags or Saran Wrap - couldn't pack a sangwich or
                > two for the trip, you suppose? And I was sooo hoping to
                > quiz her on those elusive Cranston 1800s "Orchard
                > Potters" I was looking for earlier this summer. But it
                > was nice, just the same.
                > >
                > > C-

              • Donna Potter
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 4, 2008
                  I'm also not following directions very well...I forgot to change the subject line..back to sawing my way out of the house and to find something genealogical to post here!
                  Does anyone know the last name of Ruth, (born ca 1779 in RI according to the 1850 census) who married Simeon Hall who was born in 1772 in Hopkinton or Westerly to James Hall and who probably died before 1840, based on not being able to find him in the census after 1830? I do not beleve the info at familysearch.org that calls her Ruth Withea since there is no one else with that surname within a million miles of RI. Simeon and Ruth were parents of my great great grandfather, Joseph Babcock Hall (cannot find any connection for Ruth to the Babcocks - based on this name I have searched that out, too) who married Louisa Adams.
                  There are some indications that either Simeon or Ruth, or both, may have been married before. I have found only two children for them - my Joseph b abt 1811ish to 1818ish and a daughter, Mary E., but the census shows more kids in the house in the 1820 census than just Joseph and Mary.
                  There are also records that show a Simeon Hall marrying a Polly Chapman in CT in the late 1700s...not sure if it is this Simeon and looking at the Chapmans has not turned up anything to help.
                  I've seriously just about given up on this pair but we have new members here, so you never know!
                  Donna in RI

                  ---- Donna Potter <uriramfan@...> wrote:

                  > Well, Fred, I am glad you made it. I have not been able to leave the house since my "be there or be square" - it seems that about 2 PM I turned into this giant square and now cannot fit out the front door :)
                  > Seriously, I woke up with a rotten cold and sore throat and decided not to share my germs. I hope all of you enjoyed your wonderful chowda and clam cakes and steamuhs while I was home sinffling and sneezing...
                  > Can't a girl get even a tad of synpathy?
                  > Donner, the Square
                  > ---- Fred Clarke <bozone@...> wrote:
                  > > Charlie Carpenter wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Fred
                  > > >
                  > > > I heard that if some people get beyond their front gate they gets lost
                  > > > and can't find their way home :o)
                  > >
                  > > Indeed, Charlie. Indeed indeed! She probably ran out of
                  > > lunchbags or Saran Wrap - couldn't pack a sangwich or
                  > > two for the trip, you suppose? And I was sooo hoping to
                  > > quiz her on those elusive Cranston 1800s "Orchard
                  > > Potters" I was looking for earlier this summer. But it
                  > > was nice, just the same.
                  > > >
                  > > > C-

                • Bonnie Weber
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 5, 2008
                    Hi Donna

                    I found a marriage in Stonington, for Simeon Hall and Polly Ashcroft m 13 March 1794.

                    With my lame brain, I tried to get something for her last name by re-arranging letters.

                    Most people, could not spell and sounded it out. So it could have been something like Thwait, or Waite, or White, Weath, Wealth, etc.

                    Checked worldconnect, but everyone there has just copied someone else.

                    Good luck
                    Bonnie