one of my brick walls

  • Arlan Maguire
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2008
      This is more of a puzzle than a brick wall, I finally found where my 4th G.G. parents came from, the puzzle is where did they go

      They show up in Warwick in 1749/50, the following children were born,

      I can not find any trace of where they went after 1757, where the girls went or who they married, there is a chance they were loyalists and went to New Brunswick

      I do have the descendants of their son John,

      1 Constantine Maguire b: Abt. 1720 in Tempo, County Fermanagh, Ireland

      .. +Ruth Peirce b: December 18, 1732 in East Greenwich Ri m:Abt 1749/50 in East Greenwich R.I.

      2 Mary Maguire b: February 18, 1749/50 in Warwick, Kent Co. Ri

      2 Mercy Maguire b: March 28, 1753 in East Greenwich, Kent Co., Ri

      2 John Maguire b: April 19, 1755 in East Greenwich, Kent Co, Ri d: August 09, 1827 in Exeter, Washington, Ri

      .. +Sarah Slater b: December 10, 1760 in Foster, Providence, Ri m: Abt. 1784 in Exeter, Washington, Ri d: September 26, 1828 in Niagara Co. Ny

      2 Sabra Maguire b: September 11, 1757 in East Greenwich, Kent Co, Ri

      Arlan

    • Bonnie Weber
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 10, 2008
        Arlan
        Can I make an attachment to the list, or does it have to go to you?

        Bonnie

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2008
          Bonnie,

          Send it direct to me as an attachment, I do not allow them on the mail list due to the virus problems, I would hate to see a virus get to our members,

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 11, 2008
            Lost yor address

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 27, 2012
              Found a piece of the puzzle - Sabra Maguire was the first wife of Benjamin Andrews of East Greenwich. Yahoo!

              Thanks to the Family Search website - I was able to do a search in the death records for RI by father's name. So I plugged in Benjamin Andrews name, and I pulled up a couple of missing children. Including one - Ruth Andrews Eddy. According to her death record, her father was Benjamin Andrews and her mother was Sabra Maguire. I had the name Sabra from another one of his children's death records.

              Benjamin Andrews was the son of William and Mary of East Greenwich. They had a farm that William inherited from his father William Andrews. They were located in the Frenchtown area. Benjamin was their youngest son and he was born in 1757, the same year as Sabra.

              Sabra must have died after 1792 and before October 1796 when Benjamin married his second wife - Mary Remington Kenyon. On the list of children I have for Sabra are:

              Ruth 1784 - 06 Apr 1874, married Joseph Eddy in Warwick 1804. Ruth was widowed young and lived Smithfield, Johnston and Providence.

              John 1790-1868, married Sarah Brigham Rice and they lived in Worcester County in Massachusetts.

              Ambrose 1792 - I can't find much information on him

              So one little gap closed. Lorraine Hawkins

            • alrose509@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 27, 2012
                Naw .. just two more questions to answer! Ain't it great! Love finding
                those elusive gals maiden names and parentage. In my research, I have found far
                more interesting personal history following various maternal lines.

                Good on ya, Lorraine!

                Al

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 27, 2012
                  Thank you, only 2 more girls to find

                  Arlan

[...]

                  --- In mailto:RI_Ancestors%40yahoogroups.com, "Arlan Maguire"