8107RE: [RI_Ancestors] Loyalist and my DNA possibilities

  • Sandy Johansen
    Aug 20, 2014

      Nancy-Jo , this is a great collection and available in many libraries and on microfilm from FamilyHistory centers

      New Englanders in Nova Scotia [F1036.8/C78]. This is a microfilm published by NEHGS in 1979 from a manuscript donated by Mr. Crowell. The work deals with planters as well as Loyalists. The first half of the film contains articles published by Mr. Crowell in the Boston Transcript, while the second half contains additional research and manuscript notes. The materials are fully indexed for ease of use.

      I think the Boston Transcript part is on Ancestry.com

      FamilySearch.org has a lot of materials on line and I found this collection to be very useful. If you get to Liverpool or Halifax area in your search look for a copy of Simeon Perkins Diary as it is loaded with information and considered “the source” for that area.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic