      From: SANDY JOHANSEN jenny_ologist@... [RI_Ancestors] <RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com>
      To: RI_Ancestors <RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 7:49 pm
      Subject: [RI_Ancestors] A couple of Bennett questions with STRANAHAN, LANGWORTHY's too

      I recently got a "relatively" close match from Ancestry for my personal dna test and the only person in the tree that seems to be the connection is Abel Bennett and/or daughter Jane Bennett from Coventry, RI.  The owner of the tree either did not know or bother to source and seems to be researching the Langworthy lines and is not yet responding to my questions.

      You should have seen my joy at possibly finally finding which of the legions of Bennett's I "might" be linked to after researching for years the roadblock in this line of my Dads.  Best info I have is the names Benjamin and Elizabeth Robinson Bennett, of Bristol listed in obituary as parents of son Benjamin Knight Bennett b. cal 1830 Slatersville, Smithfield, RI and d. 5 Jan 1905, Bellingham, MA.   I just could not get past that generation.   I do not have Benj K Bennetts birth but he gives alternately Slatersville or Smithfield as pob on his childrns births. I do have the obit and death record.

      So... I got excited thinking perhaps this could bring me from Abel to Benjamin but unfortunately, Abel is about as common as Benjamin among the darn Bennett clan. grrrrr.

      Here is what I know about Capt. Abel Bennett b. 4 may 1747 Preston, CT - d c1793 {guessing Cranston, RI} wife was Nancy Stranahan  m. 21 Jun 1764 in Coventry,
      3 kids I know of : William 1765; Jane 1767 James 1771

      Jane Bennett m. Benjamin Langworthy 1787 in Coventry and had 7 children.  I have found no Langworthy in my line (so far) so I'm sort of thinking it may be one of the two sons that could be my ancestor to Abel.

      Anyone researching any of these folks?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic