7758Re: Divorces in Rhode Island

  • rhody37
    Jun 29, 2014
      Got a 1902 divorce from the Pawtucket archives no problem. Full copy of the paperwork, not just the "decree," which is what Family Court gives for later divorces.

      At some point the records switch from on-site to off-site storage, early 1910-20s maybe, and then you have to order, know the case number and wait a few days.

      I got two 1940s case files, but had to get the case number from Family, which would not just "go look it up." I had to order divorce decrees. It sounds like someone else here was just able to get the info without ordering. I'm sure it depends on who is on the job that day and whether they feel like doing you a favor, or making you jump thru the hoops.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic