7588RE: [RI_Ancestors] The Weekly Visitor

    Feb 23, 2014

      http://www.diocesepvd.org/departments/communications/r-i-catholic/

      You could contact the diocese to see if they have all of it on film.

      It used to be called the Providence Visitor, now it is called the RI Catholic

      I found the oldest issues  on microfilm at Providence College Library and URI

      http://encore.uri.edu/iii/encore/record/C__Rb1541693__SCatholic%20Church.%20Diocese%20of%20Providence%20%28R.I.%29%20__P0%2C1__Orightresult__X4?lang=eng&suite=cobalt

      Originally it was called the Weekly Visitor 1875-1884

      They also have these at Library of Congress and Notre Dame

      The current paper is on line

      http://www.thericatholic.com/

      University of Notre Dame

      1980-1984

      http://archives.nd.edu/cathnews/356.htm

      Providence Visitor

      http://archives.nd.edu/cathnews/290.htm

      1884-1980

      It may have had another name before 1884, or they don’t have it.

      So, if you are not in RI, go to your local library and see if you can get it on inter library loan.

      Lisa

      lisa.lepore2@...