      From: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vickie Wagner
      Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 8:01 AM
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [RI_Ancestors] Another cemetery discovered

      WHOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Please keep us posted on how this goes!

      On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 9:32 AM, <finnjordan4@...> wrote:

      Hi Folks,

      My husband volunteers with The Friends of Smithfield Cemeteries. Below is a copy of an email he received.

      " We are very happy to report that we have found another cemetery in Smithfield. It is located in the woods between Clark Road and Whipple Road. If the weather is not TOO bad this Saturday morning, we plan to go there to clean it up for the first time in probably more than one hundred years! If you are at all interested in participating, please meet us at the Conservation Cabin at 9:00 to hear from Don, Lonnie, and Bob B. about how the cemetery was found, what it is like, and what condition it is in. Perhaps we can even match it up with one of our long missing cemeteries. In addition to cleaning the cemetery Saturday we should be able to probe for fallen headstones (only fieldstones are standing) and perhaps put up a temporary cemetery sign until a permanent one can be requested, made, and installed. It looks like this will be cemetery #118.....the first newly discovered cemetery since we numbered the airport cemetery as #117. See you on Saturday!!!"

      Not sure when more information will become available but I will be sure to forward it to you when/if it does.

      Mickey

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic