7206Re: [RI_Ancestors] Exeter Town Records

  • DOT and MIKE
    Sep 8, 2013
      They have these at the Exeter town hall,of course.As I recollect many of the early births are noted under the marriage record of the parents and as the book became filled the open space left from where no children were noted for a marriage were filled in with new entries.Maybe on microfilm at the RI  Historical Library.Also at the RIHS library are the Exeter "bastard files".

      From: nmsue <nmsue@...>
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:13 PM
      Subject: [RI_Ancestors] Exeter Town Records

      I need to research some of the records for the Town of Exeter in Washington County. Namely:

      Probate Index to Vols. 1-5

      Town Records: 1742-1818

      Births/Christenings 1765-1850, and

      Mortgage Deeds 1743-1801.

      From what I have seen, these records are only available on microfilm and are only available through NEGHS and the Mormon Library. Do BOOKS exist for these records? If so, where?

      Am curious if there are books or just microfilm.

      Any help appreciated. AND, does anyone have the books on the historical cemeteries of Exeter? Would you be willing to check them for the surnames Codner and Wilbur?

      Thank you-Sue

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic