7093Query: Hull and Remington Families of South Kingstown, RI and surrounding area

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Jul 5, 2013
      Hello all,

      Hope you enjoyed your actual 4th of July and are still celebrating the
      weekend. Here is what I'm working on for the moment and hope someone on the
      list has some insight, thank you.

      The Hull family. Here is a little more information from my file. This is the
      family I'm working on for a friend of my mom's who is 79 years old. Thank
      you for reading this and checking in advance, I appreciate all of your
      inputs.

      My mom's friend, living in Virginia, born in Rhode Island descends from this
      line and I'm looking to fill in the blanks if I can with help from anyone on
      this list.

      Ida L. M. Bliss is her maternal grandmother, Ida was born about 1883 in
      Rhode Island and she died on December 3, 1943 according to online resources
      in Rhode Island. Because the death record is not 100 years old and I'm not a
      direct descendant I cannot request it and don't know which town, I'm
      guessing South Kingstown or that part of the state. Ida's husband's name was
      William Littel, he was born April 21, 1872 in Massachusetts. They married
      about 1911 in Rhode Island. William Littel, passed away on September 24,
      1918.

      Ida's parents were: John T. Bliss born about 1838 in Rhode Island, marred on
      September 29, 1872 in South Kingstown, Rhode Island. His wife, Sarah
      Josephine Remington, born about 1848 in Rhode Island, she died January 10,
      1911 in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.

      John T. Bliss' father was Simon Bliss and the mother is only known as
      Betsey. I'd love to fill in some gaps here on them.

      Sarah Josephine Remington's parents were: George Remington, born about
      1810-1815 in Richmond, Rhode Island...and Hannah M. Hull, born about or
      between 1810-1830 in South Kingstown, Rhode Island. Hannah M. (Hull)
      Remington, died on May 23, 1882 in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.

      Thanks everyone.
      Nancy-Jo