      From: Scott Bill Hirst <scottbillhirst@...>
      Subject: Re: [RI_Ancestors] Photos of headstones
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 4:50 PM

      Hi!
       What concerns me is the price of documentation. Use the Rhode Island Archives when you can, you will find them less expensive than town and city halls. I would check with hereditary societies which likely be less expensive also for documentation. The question you need to ask yourself, is the cost really necessary for what you want to do? Can I find a less expensive way to achieve what I want?
        I hope to join the SAR www.sar.org , and Mayflower Society www.mayflower.org . I have qualified for The Alden Kindred www.alden.org  and Warren Cousins,. These concerning Mayflower Pilgrims John Alden and Richard Warren. The Alden reunion is this Saturday but I am not attending. I know the DAR www.dar.org is a good place to get records.
       The most exciting thing genealogically happening to me would be the William White line through his son Peregrine down to my great great grandmother Elizabeth Perry White. A descendant (and his wife), of her sister Sarah is documenting that line. I understand he will be joining Mayflower Society. This work will make it easier for descendants of Charles White and Ruth Perry to to prove ancestry to Francis Cooke and Richard Warren of the Mayflower also,. I have multiple Richard Warren lines.
      Relatively yours,
      Scott

      Scott Bill Hirst
      20 Maple Court