4575Re: Sprague Database Update

  • louisabishfaw
    Feb 2, 2011
      Scott, you have talked/wrote with me before on the Teffts and you've been in communication with my dad (Larry Bish) as well. We are prob cousins several times over thru different lines. I know Dad has said that he has us connected to Lucille Ball (as do you) but he said it is closer than the Sprague line is.

      Rogers Line - My 12th great grandmother Elizabeth Rogers was born abt 1550 in England. She married George Mowery (c. 1550, England). James Rogers III (1719 RI - 1775 NY) is the son of James Rogers and Elizabeth Reynolds, both of RI, are my 9th great grandparents.

      Barber Line - My 10th great grandparents are John Tefft (1614-1679) and Mary Barber (1618-1979) of RI.

      Far as I can see I am not directly related to Thomas Potter nor Mary Babcock. I have them in the tree (tho not Judith Rogers) as I do have a lot of Babcocks I am connected to.

      Louisa

      --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, Scott Bill Hirst <scottbillhirst@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >  Would that be the Rogers family out of New London, Connecticut. I am a direct descendant of Judith Rogers, second wife of Thomas Potter. Also his first wife Mary Babcock. I have Brownells that goes into the Hazard family,among others.
      >  My Tefft lineage was in debate. I am a descendant of Mary Tefft who married Peter Tefft then married a Matthew Newton. Timothy Tefft of Lisbon Falls, Maine does a Tefft newsletter.
      > Relatively yours,
      > Scott
      >

      > Scott Bill Hirst
      > 20 Maple Court