4111Re: [RI_Ancestors] What success in Westerly?

    Sep 1, 2010
      This subject came up before, but this is the first time I have heard it about Westerly.

      It's possible that they are overloaded with requests at the current time. The Local History
      & Special collections at the Westerly Public library is closed now until their renovation is
      complete, so the Town must be getting annoyed with the increased gen. requests?

      Also, back in the spring they had major flooding in Westerly, so they are probably still
      cleaning up from that, with genealogy being the last thing on their minds.

      Not an excuse, just a possible reason for the current *bad attitude*

      I think lots of people on the list have researched in Westerly, so hopefully someone
      will chime in.

      In the meantime, check out the town's webpage

      there is a link for land records going back to 1850 [not early enough for you,
      but might help someone else]