3867Re: [RI_Ancestors] Research in Warwick, RI.

  • Alan Clarke
    Jul 6, 2010
      On Jul 04, 2010, at 10:16 AM, NancyM <ntmauro43@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Fred for looking this up for me. Would they have had a burial permit? I do know that Jeremiah/Maria had several children in E.G.

      Re: [RI_Ancestors] Research in Warwick, RI.
      From:
      Alan Clarke <bozone@...>
      Date:
      Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:57:36 -0700 (PDT)

      On Jul 04, 2010, at 10:16 AM, NancyM <ntmauro43@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Fred for looking this up for me. Would they have had a burial permit? I do know that Jeremiah/Maria had several children in E.G.

      Hi again, Nancy,

      The following stones were present at the site of Jeremiah and Maria Gardiner's graves:

      STONE ONE
      George F
      Son of Jeremiah H and Maria D
      Gardiner
      April 27, 1823-June 17, 1907
      ----
      Sarah Atwood
      His Wife
      Aug. 23, 1829-Dec. 7 1910
      ----------------------
      STONE TWO
      Edwin H. Gardiner
      Died May 26, 1883
      Aged 46 years
      STONE THREE
      Abbie F.
      Wife of Edwin H. Gardiner
      Aug 28, 1839 - no death date
      As I said earlier, I need to know if they lived in Warwick or East Greenwich and earlier emails indicated it was Warwick. Cemetery records that far back were kept by the Town Hall in EG and recorded as real estate transactions. Later on, they realized that was a bit more work than necessary so the cemetery itself kept the records. The Board and I are in the process of gathering up all the records, there being a change in superintendentship. Once they are in one place, we might be able to check this information easier but for now, it's hard... especially if they are in Warwick.

      So let me know what you need and have. There's no sense in me discovering things you already know. :-)
      Fred