      From: armchair_genealogist
      Date: 07/01/10 14:59:57
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [RI_Ancestors] Re: Research in Warwick, RI.

      I stopped and checked land records today at Warwick,only got a look at
      grantor index and did not have a lot of time,but needed to check on
      something in my own research.I would say there was probate as there was
      plenty of land in play in Warwick and East Greenwich.After Jeremiah passed
      away there is a lot of sorting out going on land wise.With the children
      Goerge Franklin Gardiner,Jeremiah Gardiner,Harriet(Gardiner)Bullock,wife of
      George,Edwin H Gardiner,Russel G.Gardiner and Julia M Gardiner giving their
      mother Mariah life lease etc.(Maria always spelled Mariah when I came across
      --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "NancyM" <ntmauro43@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone go to the Warwick Town Hall to research? Jeremiah Gardiner
      owned property in Warwick and he died before 1870. If he and his wife Maria
      are buried in Warwick, they are not listed in the Warwick Cemetery book by
      Mr. Sterling. I would like the exact death date which is between 1860-1870
      and what happened to the property. If Jeremiah had a will.