      From: Bill Wright <wmewrght@...>
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, April 2, 2010 7:44:51 AM
      Subject: [RI_Ancestors] Rhode Island Greene Y-DNA

      Arlene,

      On the Greene Surname DNA Project webpage
      <http://www.familytr eedna.com/ public/Green/ default.aspx? section=yresults>,
      I believe Group 001 to be descendants of John Greene of Warwick, surgeon
      and related to General Nathanael Greene. I have looked at the ancestral
      line of one of these men back to John of Warwick and it looks reasonable.

      These two men have been placed in Haplogroup I1.

      The Haplogroup for John Greene of Quidnesset from tests of 12 men is R1b1b2.

      These two Johns do not share a recent common ancestor.

      Men possibly descended from the John Greene of East Greenwich and
      Coventry who married Abigail Wardwell who have been tested do not have
      matching DNA. But those tested also do not match either John of Q or
      John of W.

      No tests have been run on men who have lines back to Lieut John Greene
      Jr of New Port who married Mary Jefferay and participated in the Fones
      Purchase with John of Q.

      Bill