3313Cornell/Briggs

  • Carol H
    Feb 9, 2010
      According to Vital Records of Mass on NEHGS, Louisa C. Marble was the daughter of Darling and Louisa Marble of Somerset. This is listed on the Marriage listing of Louisa and William Cornell.It is found in Volume 69, page 145 of Somerset Vital Records.

      Married November 22, 1853, William G. Cornell, 23, and Louisa C. Marble ,24. Both were residents of Somerset at the time of marriage. He is listed as being born in Edgartown, Ma to Gardner T. and Mary Cornell. She is the daughter of Darling and Louisa Marble. They were married by J.C. Morrill Minister of Gospel, Somerset.

      1850 census for Somerset, Ma shows the following listed on Page 853:

      Name Age
      Darling Marble 47
      Louisa Marble 45
      Charles D Marble 73
      Louisa E Marble 21
      David Marble 19
      Leander Marble 16
      Benjn Marble 14
      Ruth Marble 12
      Sarah B Marble 9
      Mary L Marble 7
      Wm H Marble 5

      They are all listed as being born in Massachusetts. I would guess that Charles D. is the father of Darling. There were quite a few Darling families in Somerset.

      Hope this helps some. Let me know if you need something else looked up.

      Carol Sherman Houghton
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic