      From: Lisa Lepore
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 9:29 AM
      Subject: Re: [RI_Ancestors] TEC 4 US ARMY

      This link gives a little more information on the TEC 4 level

      From: patriciajhansen@...
      Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 23:30:24
      To: <RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com>

      Since he is now dead, direct family members, spouses, children, and so on,
      can get a copy of his military record by going to
      (http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/) . Once there, they fill out the online request form filling in as
      much information about him as possible. The most important information to
      include is his date of birth and location, and social security number or
      service number.

      The TEC 4 refers how high a level he reached rather than the particular job
      he was assigned. During war time, soldiers generally actually preformed
      several jobs at a time.

      Hope this helps,

      In a message dated 10/31/2009 10:20:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      eptownie1988@... writes:

      I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to find out what type of job an
      individual performed while in the military. My godfather was enlisted
      during World War II and on his tombstone it states TEC 4 US Army. I asked my
      godmother and she was not able to remember as she is in her 90's. Any
      suggestions would be great. Thank you.