      From: CAROLYN SCHWAB <piermonarchs@...>
      Subject: Re: [RI_Ancestors] Time Sensitive-July 1, 2009;Hopkinton Planning Board Meeting-Ref: Hopkinton, R.I., Historical Cemetery#80
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 7:05 AM

      It is quite obvious that a more dignified resolution should be approved. If this allegations are confirmed, and that would take time and dedication, everyone would rest more comfortably. The Narragansett- Cooke-Gaspee Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, owns and maintains Rhode Island Historic Cemetery # 25, Exeter, on the corner of William Reynolds and Purgatory Rd.. Rhode Island historian James Arnold in March 1880, noted, "there is a large grave in the northeast corner of this lot containing the remains of the town poor who were burned in the Peckham holocaust." Perhaps it has survived because a Revolutionary Hero, Corporal James Tennant, also died in the fire while he was visiting the poor house during the conflagration. His grave is marked, the others are massed and unmarked. Has the area yet been examined for evidence of such burials? With today's economy, anyone might end up in the poor house!