Touisset birds; poss "dark-bellied" Brant

  • B Natural
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2010
      Today while working at Touisset Wildlife Refuge in Warren, I had a few nice birds outside of what's expected. There was 1 Brown Thrasher, 1 Field Sparrow and 1 Great Egret. There was 1 Brown Creeper, good numbers of Golden-crowned Kinglets and 2 Ruby-crowned Kinglets.
      Just outside of Chase Cove there were over 110 Brant. I have strong suspicion that one of them was the subspecies "dark-bellied" Brant. I watched it briefly on a rock and then in the water. The light wasn't great but I think I got enough. No camera of course!

      --
      Mike Tucker
      Seekonk, MA