Re: [RIAPPBoard] Modell

  • mylall@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi Sally,

      Arnold Modell says he could be our speaker on Wed. evening, April 7 or May 5, 2010.   However, he is not able to drive to Providence in the evening.  I told him that in the past we have provided drivers when our speaker needed that,and that we might be able to do so for him.  I said I would get back to him when I know.

      Board members have provided rides for a few of our older speakers.  Can you check to see if anyone can do so for Arnold Modell?  He lives in Newton.

      Myra

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2009
        Hi Myra,

        That's great Modell is willing to come speak.
        Any volunteers to drive Modell?
        Patty et al, if we can't find a driver to transport him, what do you think about RIAPP paying for a cab to drive him?

        Sally

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2009
          I would be willing to pick him up.  Can someone else drive him back?  If we wanted to provide paid transportation, I think a limo company would be better for going from one city to another.  I called two that service Newton.  To bring him to Providence, wait, and take him back, the price range was $240 (if only 4 hrs.) to about $350.  That seems like too much to me.  Several Board members have driven speakers in the past.

          ---- mylall@... wrote:
          > Hi Sally,
          >
          > Arnold Modell says he could be our speaker on Wed. evening,?April 7 or May 5, 2010.?? However, he is not able to drive to Providence in the evening.? I told him that in the past we have provided drivers when our speaker needed that,and that we might be able to do so for him.? I said I would get back to him when I know.
          >
          > Board members have provided rides for a few of our older speakers.? Can you check to see if anyone can do so for Arnold Modell?? He lives in Newton.
          >
          > Myra

        • Diana Lidofsky
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2, 2009
            Great news abt Modell. Thanks, Myra, for volunteering to pick up--I'm sorry I just can't do that kind of driving at night and can't volunteer to do the return trip. How abt having a car service bring him home? I'm guessing that might cost abt $150.
            Diana

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 3, 2009
              Myra,

              Thanks for volunteering to pick him up! I like Dians's idea of getting him a limo ride back - cab option would be more expensive?
              Can you get the numbers and then we can set a date for Apr. or May.

              Thanks.
              Sally