NAN judges!

  • DrSteggy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2001
      No no no, not from the past NAN!

      In order to avoid the last second rush of seeking judges in May for the next
      NAN, the board would like showholders to start thinking NOW about nominees
      for people to judge at the 2002 NAN.

      Why this is a good thing:

      1. Potentially larger pool since longer nomination time...a larger pool is
      going to allow the NAN committee to better match up judges with classes.

      2. Those of us out here who would need to fly to attend the Party on the
      West Coast would have more lead time to get time off, set up that travelocity
      farewatcher, find roomies from our area to split costs, etc.

      I'll be periodically reminding you guys to keep potential judges in mind, so
      those of us with upcoming shows (Baystate, Karen Bartholomew-Dietrich's
      show, JAHS) or recently passed ones (NEMHC) can make notes and pass them
      along...I know that 5 months after your show you may not remember every
      detail about your staff.

      Another thing to keep in mind....the Member Show of the Year Award. I think
      we have some AWESOME shows out here, and this award allows the showers to
      recognize them. I know I personally forgot about this award until it was
      announced at NAN, but I should have written an essay for NESE, and I hope
      some of you would have written one for JAHS if I'd prodded....

      Jackie Arns
      drsteggy@...