RCX400 tube screws

  • Lawrence
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Can anyone tell me the answer to this nearly urgent query please?

      Here in UK our official Meade scopes are despatched by TH on behalf of BCF
      (on behalf of Meade). They are simply not up to scratch on the RCX yet. I
      have been asking them for 2 - 3 weeks now about the screws on the RCX400
      tube. Can the set of four be removed for replacement with the guide-rails?
      As far as I can tell, the screw positions match the standard LX200
      guide-rail screw positions. I want to fit my guide-rail to the RCX tube.

      I asked TH to confirm that I can do this but they say their 'sample' scope
      is with another firm for checking out the fittings. I e-mailed the firm
      (Astro Engineering) but they have simply ignored my e-mails. (How's that
      for service?)

      If someone could confirm that I can go ahead and fit the guide rails I
      would be very pleased.

      I have been limiting my CCD exposures to 30 seconds without guiding, but I
      have a new guide telescope ready!

      TIA

      Lawrence Harris
    • ct-computer@insightbb.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
        Hi Lawrence

        Yes they can be used, I used them on my RCX400 12" scope with out any problems.

        C T

        > Can anyone tell me the answer to this nearly urgent query please?
        >
        > Here in UK our official Meade scopes are despatched by TH on behalf of BCF
        > (on behalf of Meade). They are simply not up to scratch on the RCX yet. I
        > have been asking them for 2 - 3 weeks now about the screws on the RCX400
        > tube. Can the set of four be removed for replacement with the guide-rails?
        > As far as I can tell, the screw positions match the standard LX200
        > guide-rail screw positions. I want to fit my guide-rail to the RCX tube.
        >
        > I asked TH to confirm that I can do this but they say their 'sample' scope
        > is with another firm for checking out the fittings. I e-mailed the firm
        > (Astro Engineering) but they have simply ignored my e-mails. (How's that
        > for service?)
        >
        > If someone could confirm that I can go ahead and fit the guide rails I
        > would be very pleased.
        >
        > I have been limiting my CCD exposures to 30 seconds without guiding, but I
        > have a new guide telescope ready!
        >
        > TIA
        >
        > Lawrence Harris
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Lawrence
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
          Thanks! Now I know what I am doing this evening......

          Lawrence