RE: Re Help!. RCX 10 Main Control Board Problem

  • rjsquirrel101
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2013

      I lived in fear of a main board problem, until I found this page, where hope now seems justified. Note this fellow bypassed the board, and took control of the resolvers/drive on focus and scope rotations, and he uses typical control software.

      http://www.ngc7000.com/en/astrojv/rcx400.htm

      I have never communicated with him, but someone should so we capture his component list and lessons learned. Any thoughts from the pro's in this group?

      I am setting my RCX-400 14" on a hill in Utah, with a 15' ProDome, in a few months.

      Nick Lappos

      Guilford, CT

      ---In rcx400@yahoogroups.com, <steven447@...> wrote:

      Here, Here

      Steve E

      To: RCX400@yahoogroups.com
      From: lawrence@...
      Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 16:12:48 +0100
      Subject: [RCX400] Re Help!. RCX 10 Main Control Board Problem

      Firstly, is it just me or is the 'reply' facility actually duff on all groups? The one here does not work.

      Regarding Meade's decision to ignore all RCX400 owners (no more board production) I believe this is quite dreadful and convinces me that it is now dangerous to buy Meade because they are clearly prepared to abandon owners on a whim. A dangerous policy for newcomers to advanced telescope buying.

      Lawrence Harris
      [author of ....... etc]

      1

      Wed Oct 2, 2013 6:49 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      greystonerental

      My scope has stopped working and the problem has been traced by a
      very experienced electronics friend to be a hardware problem on
      the main control board (with main processor chip). . I am not
      ready to give up on this scope and the board is easy to replace
      if I can get a replacement. Meade has no boards I am told since
      the scope is out of production for some time now. If anyone knows
      of availability of the main board part somewhere, I would be
      interested. Dr Clay has been a big help for these scopes and
      perhaps can advise.

      Waldemar Krolak
      RCX10

    • Eric Peters
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013
        Interesting. A few years ago I also stumbled upon a website of someone who did something similar:

        https://sites.google.com/a/sitechservo.info/guy-wauters-site/

        Eric