Re: Meade Remote Collimation

  • autostaretx
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 1, 2012
      Peter: re-read Andrew's posting:

      Download and run his free MyScope application from:
      http://members.optusnet.com.au/johansea

      *That* program has a remote collimation control facility.
      (not with the "Remote Handbox", but as a separate screen)

      good luck
      --dick

      --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peterproulx@...> wrote:

      > Ray;
      >
      > This is greek to me. Will your handbox in Pempro work for collimation?
      >
      > Thanks;
      >
      > Peter
      >
      > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Gralak" <groups2@> wrote:
      > >
      > > When pressing the PEMPro issues the appropriate "Mx" command where the "x" is the direction.on the N/S/E/W buttons. It
      > > sends a quit when it is released.
      > >
      > > -Ray Gralak
      > > Author of Astro-Physics Command Center (APCC)
      > > Author of PEMPro: http://www.ccdware.com
      > > Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver
      > > Author of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com

    • Ray Gralak
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 19, 2013
        > Therefore the PEMpro "remote handbox" will also NOT collimate an RCX400 (since it reasonably acts just like
        > Meade's).
        > It would have to send :EK69# (for East), :EK87# (West), :EK78# (up/north), :EK83# (down/south).
        > I forget if/how the handbox signals that the appropriate key is *released*. (possibly lowercase codes: add 32 to
        > each of the above)

        The latest build of PEMPro (v2.70.129 - Build 129) now has a checkbox option to send the menu keys in its Meade control
        box window. If you don't have Build 129 just use the Check for Updates menu option in PEMPro's Help menu.