New configuration sees vignetting

  • Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012
      I finally got my 12" RCX400 set up using the AstroPhysics reducer. The
      reducer is immediately behind the RCX400; attached to it is my SX AO LF
      (active optics large format) unit and the large format MX25C camera is
      at the end. I have been able to focus the image without problems. The
      only 'problem' is the unexpected vignetting. Is this to be expected or
      do I need to modify the optical train further? I have posted a sample
      exposure (comet 168P in outburst). Ignore the colour because my IDAS
      filter was not installed until today. Obviously I can take flats each
      time but I had anticipated a flatter field to start with. I have posted
      the image under photos/Lawrence. Comments most welcome.

      Lawrence Harris