Re: Moving Up to The Sky X

  • phillipcoker
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2012
      Hi Lawrence,

      I have a query into the Bisque support but suspect that I may be unduly concerned. There is a separate chooser for the focuser in The Sky X Pro which probably would not have its settings affected by the telescope driver settings. I expect that, if Dan Bisque answers the post, he will say that I should choose the 12" LX200 f/10 telescope and the Optec TCF focuser.

      By the way, when I had The Sky 6 installed, I could control my RCX400 with MaxIm DL using the ASCOM POTH and the LX200GPS driver and, at the same time, with The Sky 6 using its built-in RCX400 driver.

      Phillip

      --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "ldjhandm" <lawrence@...> wrote:

      > This is very interesting to me because at one time I specifically considered 'The Sky' for my RCX400. Then I read something from (was it?) Dr Clay concerning 'The Sky' so decided not to go any further. I'm sticking to Maxim DL for RCX400 control, and just enter coords for any odd comet target.
      >
      > Lawrence Harris
      >
      > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "phillipcoker" <phcoker@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Just discovered to my dismay that my newly installed The Sky X does not include the RCX400 in its chooser list of telescopes. This is an unpleasant surprise because The Sky 6 does list the RCX400. Because none of the Meade scopes listed by The Sky X have f/8 as the focal ratio, I wonder whether choosing one of them, such as the 12" LX200GPS, would result in an override of the focal ratio that my Optec TCF-Si focuser uses to compute the proper steps for autofocusing.
      > >
      > > Anyone happily using The Sky X with an autofocuser on the back of the RCX400? If so, which Meade scope did you select from The Sky X chooser list?
      > >
      > > Phillip
      > > Colorado Springs

    • phillipcoker
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2012
        Software Bisque informed me that I did not have the latest update. I had assumed that installation and registration would pull in any needed updates. I was wrong. Installed both the latest update and latest daily build and found that the RCX400 f/8 scopes are now listed in The Sky X Pro telescope chooser.

        Phillip
        Colorado Springs