Barlow imaging with RCX

  • Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2012
      I have been doing some planetary imaging with my 12" RCX400 and using a
      Barlow to increase the resolution. Using a variable Barlow, the maximum
      factor is 3.0x giving f24. Most articles that I read on planetary
      imaging suggest using f25 as a minimum. I've been moderately pleased
      with the results given the seeing conditions which seem to be very
      limited. If I try re-collimating, I am wondering whether I can do it at
      f8 rather than searching for a bright star at f24! Interestingly I did
      develop a method to find objects at f24. It involves using a wide field
      CCD and then substituting the narrow field 'web' camera when the object
      is centred. Only the focus needs changing then.

      Comments on using Barlows with the f8 would be most welcome.

      regards

      Lawrence Harris