Re: RCX400 Collimation Restore to Defaults- how long does it take?

  • Rod
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2012
      The final results aren't in yet, but - it looks like my elongated stars may have been caused by a problem with the MX's "ProTracking" software function somehow making the mount's tracking worse instead of better.

      I took some images tonight, up to 10 min in duration, and the elongation appears to be gone. But I'll look at the images tomorrow in the light of day, and then figure out what I've got.

      Who'd a thought that a Paramount's professional tracking software would cause this kind of weird problem? Thanks for the tip, Andy !!

      Rod