Upgraded to 2.2Vi

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 6, 2012
      Hi All, I have just upgraded my Meade RCX 10" from Autostar 2.2Vg to 2.2Vi, scope is on a wedge polar alignment is good, but what happens now is it moves west 1 hour 35 minuets every time it is turned on is this normal before it only did this at setup.

      peter
    • john.rosendahl@gmail.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 19, 2012

        Dear dick:

        I reset the system.  I trained it.  I then started it.  It did not go south and pull down hard as it did before.  It tried to find level.  I think it found north.  It went higher and lower slowly this time, and then higher and lower again several times until it lowered itself down very low and then went to find tilt.  It went high and lower several times very slowly and the last one it started going completely down to the bottom stop slowly.  I turned it off.  It is almost like the ball is not moving for balance or whatever is the mechanism to test level.  I am going with a mitty wedge this Friday, so I guess I do not need this anyway. Correct?

        Thank you so much for your advice.

        John R.